COWS has issued their 2017 report on Working Wisconsin, and the news is generally not so good.
Urban Milwaukee, as always, provides the takeaways.
- Job growth in Wisconsin is falling behind the rest of the nation.
- Wages in Wisconsin are stagnant.
- Race is a major factor in determining a person’s job opportunities.
- The income gap between rich and poor in Wisconsin is at record levels.
- The middle class in Wisconsin is now shrinking.
- The hit on unions seems to go hand-in-hand with that middle-class decline.
Check out both the report and the news article.
Pingback: Claim-filing in Wisconsin at record low but economy not booming | Wisconsin Unemployment